Can I just start by saying, Oh Wow! This vegan Mediterranean Veggie Pasta Salad is just so good! I had no idea it would turn into one of my favorite salads thus far. My salads have definitely progressed over the years and I’m happy that it’s not simply just a simple side salad but a nourishing and tasty meal everyone can enjoy. This plant powered lifestyle has helped me open up to another world of ingredients that have endless possibilities into building a salad or any meal for that matter.
Vegan Mediterranean Chickpea Pasta Salad
This particular salad has a mixture of my favorite mediterranean ingredients with brown rice noodles, keeping it gluten-free. And topped with a fresh herb dressing making it absolutely irresistible to try. I promise no one will know that its vegan. Mediterranean Pasta Salad are really the easiest to veganize, because it’s mostly made up of veggies anyway. I also use tofu to give it that feta cheese look and feel.
This recipe is so easy to adjust to your liking, so feel free to add your favorite ingredients or omit something you don’t like. The last time I made this I added a cup of chickpeas, it was seriously perfection. So I’m adding it to the recipe because it just made it so much more nourishing with the added protein and the texture of the soft chickpeas really added another layer to the salad. I can’t wait for you to try it!
- PASTA SALAD
- 1 8oz. gluten-free brown rice pasta
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 8oz. can marinated artichoke, roughly chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled extra firm organic tofu
- ⅓ cup packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 lemon + zest
- In a large pot, place brown rice pasta into boiling water. Cook until al dente & according to package directions (about 8-10 minutes). Rinse under cold water to stop cooking, drain and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl, add chickpeas, chopped onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, artichokes and fresh basil. Lightly sprinkle the crumbled tofu with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small-medium bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Adjusting the flavors as needed.
- Then pour the dressing over everything and gently toss to combine. Enjoy or store in the fridge for 2-3 hours to let flavors marinate.
If you try this recipe, I want to see it, so let’s chat! Leave a comment it, rate it (this helps me improve future recipes), and don’t forget to tag a picture on Instagram with #livesimplynatural to show how you enjoyed this amazing salad recipe!