Last week I shared a pic on the Live Simply Natural Instagram page asking about your favorite way to eat beets! I was surprised by the response and all the creative ideas out there. So I thought to try this one as it was requested by a friend of mine. Raw Vegan Red Velvet Beet Bites, filled with the all-natural red color of beets and a ton of other good-for-you ingredients.
Raw Vegan Red Velvet Beet Bites
Not only does this beet bite taste amazing but the presentation of this cookie is incredibly beautiful with the contrast of maroon from the beets and white from the cashew cream coating and sprinkle a bit of beet on top… Perfection!
What I love most about this recipe is you still feel amazing and energetic after indulging in these red velvet beet bites, it’s all about the quality and combination of ingredients. I highly recommend making these to celebrate any special occasion.
I know I’m not the only one to try out this recipe, nor am I the only one to incorporating vegetables into desserts, but I won’t be stopping anytime soon. Vegetables are far too underused and it’s my mission to share how you can creatively add them to any type of food.
I hope you all find these fun to make and of course fun to eat!
Products I used in this recipe…
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.Print
- Raw Red Velvet
- 3 small fresh beets
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 10–12 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Cashew Cream Frosting
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons melted raw cacao butter
- 2– 4 tablespoons cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Wash and peel beets and add them to the food processor (with a nut milk bag squeeze out remaining liquid and place back into the food processor)
- Add almonds, oats, chia seeds, raw cacao, salt and vanilla, pulse until combined into a fine flour. Then add Medjool dates and pulse until dough is formed. Be careful not to mix for too long as you don’t want the ‘dough’ ending up too compact but still have a fully incorporated blend of ingredients.
- Scoop out raw red velvet dough and roll into 2 inch bites, place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- To make your cashew cream frosting add coconut oil, cacao butter, cashew butter and maple syrup to a small pot. Mix until melted and fully combined.
- Take out raw red velvet energy bites and dip them into cashew cream frosting mixture. Place them in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Store them in the fridge for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to one month.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 4.8g
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
I hope you enjoy this Raw Vegan Red Velvet Beet Bites Recipe, it’s a BIG crowd pleaser. Make it and be sure to tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural. I love seeing what you guys are cooking up in your kitchen :)