I’ve said it before that desserts are my absolute favorite form of creation. But these treats aren’t just delicious, they are very much in alignment with the LSN Philosophy. These Raw Vegan Cookie Dough Bites are high in fiber, contain healthy fats and are simple to make. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, free of refined sugars and my favorite guilt-free. Just saying, these are absolutely awesome!
Raw Vegan Cookie Dough Bites
And if they couldn’t get more awesome, these raw cookie dough balls can also be cooked, turning into a sweet but healthy, chocolate chip cookie. How cool is that? Pretty awesome right! So whatever you are in the mood for, this recipe is it. Just pop some in the oven and you got the best of both worlds.
For this recipe, I used Enjoy Life Mini Chips, but this recipe is also great with cacao nibs. I have tried them both and the mini chocolate chips are sweeter but both are good. Use whichever one fits your lifestyle
What I love about this recipe is the cashews, they are high in proteins and essential minerals including copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. They are a good source of healthy dietary fats, which are essential for our body to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K and produce fatty acids that are vital for the development of the brain and blood clotting. The magnesium in cashews helps in maintaining a healthy blood pressure level and is a good source of iron which is vital for carrying out oxygen to the body. Plus they are naturally sweet which makes them perfect to use in this recipe.
This recipe is easy to make and perfect for getting your children involved in the kitchen. Just make sure you keep an eye out because before you know it they might be all gone.
Products I used in this recipe…
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.Print
Cookie Dough Bites
- 2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6–8 dates (soaked)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cocoa butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- In a food processor combines cashews and shredded coconut and process until fine flour consistency.
- Added dates, vanilla bean, and sea salt. Pulse until a dough-like consistency. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and scoop out with a small spoon and roll into 2 inch balls. Place on parchment paper and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes while making your dipping chocolate.
- In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, melted the cocoa butter, cacao powder, vanilla and sea salt.
- Dip cookie dough bites into the chocolate and rolls them around until fully covered. Use a toothpick, chopsticks or spoons to place them back on the parchment paper and allow time to cool.
- Set in the refrigerator and serve cold. Enjoy!
If making these with your kids I would suggest making them smaller so that they can toss them in their mouth when eating. Holding these bites can get a bit messy :)
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
- Serving Size: 16
- Calories: 3437
- Sugar: 203g
- Fat: 232g
- Saturated Fat: 110g
- Unsaturated Fat: 110g
- Carbohydrates: 322g
- Fiber: 36g
- Protein: 56g
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
I hope you give this easy raw vegan cookie dough bites a try and if you do let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural! Stay tuned for easier healthy recipes :)