Happy Valentine’s Day!!! I hope you all have been enjoying the beautiful weather and with Valentine’s Day around the corner, I know your planning on some kind of outside fun in the sun this weekend. I sure am. This is one of my favorite months out of the year as it’s all about love. We are encouraged a little more to love our bodies, practice self-care, and of course indulge in chocolate! It doesn’t get much better than that.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Hearts
Lately, I’ve been experimenting with homemade chocolate. I’ve made different variations using cocoa butter, coconut oil, raw cacao powder, vanilla, natural sweeteners, and nut butter. So far even the mess-ups have been a success. I can’t wait to share what I’ve been creating, especially for all you chocolate lovers. Right now I’m super excited to share these sweet treats, just in the nick of time too. Raw Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Hearts, made with love.
The twist with these chocolate-dipped strawberries is that they are shaped in small bite-size hearts. They are quite simple to make once you get an idea of what you’re doing. Just cut the strawberry in half, using a toothpick, stick both pieces together. Simple as that. Depending on the strawberry you might need to trim a little bit of the edge on each side where they touch.
After you have all your strawberries assembled, it’s time to make your chocolate. For this recipe, you will need it.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Coconut oil
- Raw Food Grade Cacao Butter
- Raw Cacao Powder
- Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Sea Salt
Also toothpicks, parchment paper, and a wide bowl. This recipe made about 12 hearts, I can’t give you the for sure amount as I couldn’t help eat a couple as I was dipping them.
Don’t have a Valentine, well no worries, that’s just more for you to enjoy! Believe me, they will be gone before you know it.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.Print
- 1 lb strawberries
- 3–4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup/ agave
- 2 tbsp cocoa butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Wash and pat the strawberries dry. Set aside.
- In a small wide container, whisk together the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, melted the cocoa butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Dip strawberry hearts into the chocolate mixture, coating most of the strawberry. Place onto a plate lined with parchment paper or on a wire rack. Repeat for the rest and chill in the fridge to set.
- After strawberries have hardened, slowly take out the toothpick, dip corner to cover the hole or dip the whole strawberry again for an extra coat.
- Set in the fridge and enjoy the cold!
If you want to make this recipe a whole lot easier and/or can’t find some of these ingredients just melt your favorite vegan chocolate bar and add some coconut oil. Both are great!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Raw Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Calories: 670
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Fat: 57g
- Saturated Fat: 48g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 5g
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
I hope you give this recipe a try and if you do let us know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural! Stay tuned for more healthy recipes :)