Raw Fig Newton Energy Bites may very well become your new go-to recipe when you’re craving something sweet, and if you don’t want to fuss with baking something then you will be happy to hear that these require absolutely no cooking! They’re sweetened naturally with whole food ingredients like the obvious being figs and the less obvious being cashew butter and dates. I hope you give these a try for a healthier sweet treat.
Raw Fig Newton Energy Bites
The first time I ever tried a fig was only a few years ago. I can’t believe I never knew about these sweet delectable fruits. Living a whole foods plant-based lifestyle nowadays has me thinking about the ingredients I use when making my sweet treats.
I use only a handful of whole food ingredients, cashew butter, fresh and dried figs, dates and coconut. All of which give these bites a natural sweetness without using refined sugars, refined carbohydrates, and any other funky ingredients.
I’m so grateful that figs have a relatively long season, from summer into fall and when dried, all year long. I will snag any chance I can to use them in recipes. The dried figs in these energy bites definitely serve a purpose far beyond acting as a natural sweetener, they act as a great binder to hold the gooey filling from the fresh figs together.
Just as I mentioned, there’s no fuss when making these since there’s literally no cooking involved. And if you can’t find fresh figs at your local supermarket or farmers market then you can just supplement them with more dried figs.
Products I used in this recipe…
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.
7-ingredient, 15-minute energy bites made with wholesome ingredients and infused fresh figs! An easy, healthy snack or dessert!
- 4–6 fresh figs
- 2 cups dried figs
- 6–8 dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds and/or hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To your food processor, add fresh figs, dried figs, dates, shredded coconut, cashew butter, chia seeds, and vanilla. Blend until a dough-like consistency.
- NOTE: If too sticky or wet, add a little bit of shredded coconut.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Then scoop out 1 1/2 Tbsp amounts (I like using a small scooper) and roll into balls. The “dough” should yield about 12-14 balls.
- Enjoy immediately and store well-sealed leftovers in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month (or more).
- OPTIONAL: In your food processor, pulse, almonds, shredded coconut and/or banana chips. Then roll your energy bites on top for a crunchy coating. Taste great!
- Cuisine: Raw Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1-2
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 17.1g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 3.1g
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
I really hope you try these raw fig newton energy bites. They’re such a crowd-pleaser and definitely a favorite in our home! I also love to see your recreations and pictures of you making them, sharing them with friends, etc. Use the #livesimplynatural so I can see and share too!