One of my favorite things to do around the spring time is make a fresh batch of my natural henna recipe. Now that it’s starting to warm up and we aren’t layered in clothing, it’s great time to get creative and practice doing henna tattoos. So Today I’m sharing my Natural Henna Tattoo Paste Recipe. It’s super easy, fun, and you can’t beat the fresh natural aromas and dark stain!
Natural Henna Tattoo Paste Recipe
What I love about making your own henna is that you get to customize the scent and consistency exactly how you like it! So use this recipe as a guide but get curious and play with the consistency of each ingredients. Henna is like cooking. It can take some time to get it perfect, relax and have fun with your creating the henna paste that best suits you!
Below are the different ingredients I add to my henna recipes and why. In order to create the best possible henna mix, it helps to understand why you add these specific ingredients, so let’s start there!
- Henna Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Lavender & Tea Tree Essential Oils
- ½ cup Henna Powder
- 3 teaspoons of powder sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons essential oil
- Place your ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Slowly stir with a fork until you get a concistency similar to tooth paste.
- Then with a plastic wrap cover the paste and gently press down so it's touching the surface and there's no air contact
- Let the covered henna paste sit in a warm location for 24 hours (about 75 degrees Fahrenheit).
- When 24 hours has passed, take off the plastic wrap and give it a good stir, adjusting the consistency if needed. To thin the paste add ¼ teaspoon lemon juice at a time until your desired consistency is reached. To thicken the paste add a pinch of henna powder.
- Then fill your applicator cone or bottles and go draw beautiful designs! Enjoy :)
I like to fill a cake decorating bag with henna first so I easily fill my cones.
If you give this Natural Henna Tattoo Paste recipe a try this weekend, please let us know and share a picture on Instagram so I can see it in action. I can’t wait to see all your beautiful designs!