Sushi has always been a food favorite because what’s better than sitting around with good company, eating fresh food with your hands and drinking hot green tea. Instead of dining out all the time to enjoy this sushi experience, I’m recreating this at home and with a twist. This super Easy On The Go Vegetable Sushi Bowl may just become one of your favorite new dishes.
Easy On The Go Vegetable Sushi Bowl
To all my sushi lovers out there who swear they can’t make it on their own or get frustrated with the seaweed rolling process, you’re going to love this recipe. Anyone, and I mean anyone, can make this, even my kids have no problem with this recipe! It involves all the ingredients, flavors, and aspects of sushi and only requires one bowl. Plus it takes half the time to make, no rolling required.
Fresh whole food ingredients like carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, snap peas, sliced avocado, sprouts, torn nori sheets, sushi rice (or brown rice if you prefer) and add a tossed sesame seed ginger dressing. Perfection!
When you’re vegan, vegetarian, or simply don’t like the taste of uncooked fish, you can still enjoy sushi. With this recipe you can use all the vegetables you like, but i usually just stick with the traditional vegetables found in sushi.
This recipe is also great to use for your weekly meal prep. Just stuff all your ingredient to make on great Salad In A Jar. Use it for a lunch and/or dinner meal, perfect for on the go.
- 1 cup sprouts
- ½ cup cooked rice
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- ¼ cup red onion, julienned
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- ½ large carrot, shredded
- ½ cup cucumber, julienned
- 5 nori sheets, torn or cut into strips
- ½ cup snap peas
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon organic peanut butter
- 1 Medjool date (pitted)
- 1 tablespoons Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons of water
- sesame seeds to garnish, optional
- Prep all the vegetables and set aside.
- Cook rice to package directions (normally 1¾ cup water : 1 cup dry white rice, boil for 15 minutes, take off heat with the lid on, mix in chopped nori sheets, sit for 15 minutes and then fork/fluff).
- Build your bowl by starting with placing the rice on the bottom, followed by the sprouts, then arranging all the toppings clustered in their own group (as shown in the picture).
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk. Adjust seasonings to suit your taste.
- Pour the dressing on top just before serving. You can mix the entire bowl or simply eat as they're arranged.
I hope you enjoy this Simple Sushi Bowl Recipe, make it and be sure to tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural. I love seeing what you guys are cooking up in your kitchen :)