Show me in those comments of who loves Indian Food? Me, I do! I love Indian food, they have such a variety of dishes to try. I can honestly say that this Creamy cashew Indian Vegetable Curry is every bit as tasty as the one served at my favorite Indian restaurant here in town. This dish combines many flavors ranging from spicy and bold from the curry and turmeric, with some sweet and nutty flavors from the cashews. The final result is a delicious thick and creamy curry full of complex flavors, and without the use of any dairy, cream or gluten.
Creamy Cashew Indian Vegetable Curry
My favorite part of this recipe is that I can easily make a double or triple batch of this recipe, and use it throughout the week and/or freeze some for leftovers another week.
Not only is this creamy cashew Indian vegetable curry super delicious, but it’s also loaded with nutrition especially in the form of antioxidants from the wonderfully powerful curry and turmeric spices. In a nutshell, this dish contains high amounts of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, vitamin C, vitamin B (B1, B6), vitamin K, iron, zinc, selenium, manganese, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, protein, and healthy fats.
What I also love about playing with curries in the kitchen, is it can be built upon, layer by layer simply by adding more curry powder and even mixing several different curry spice blends together. This dish is a favorite with both family and clients.
It you liked my latest curry dish, Yellow Split Pea Spinach Dahl then i know you will love this! Give it a try and let me know what you think :)Print
- Cashew Sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and halved
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger root
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1–2 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup water
- Vegetable Curry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 medium waxy potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 cup fresh green beans chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- Place the onion, garlic, ginger, medjool date and cashews in a blender along with 1/2 cup of water. Process until pureed.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Measure out all of the spices and place in a small bowl.
- Pour the pureed sauce mixture into the hot pan, using caution to avoid splatters. Stir in the pre-measured spices and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato, coconut milk, potato, carrots, and green beans. Stir well, cover the pan, and allow to simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. Lastly add the green peas and cook uncovered for 7-10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Serve with cooked basmati rice, cauliflower rice or naan. Enjoy!
- Category: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Entree
Are you a BIG fan of Indian food?! Share in the comments below. And if you try this recipe, leave a comment, rate it (this helps me improve future recipes), and don’t forget to tag a picture #livesimplynatural to show me how you enjoyed this recipe. Stay tune for more plant powered recipes!