I recently had some family over for breakfast to celebrate the New Year. I wanted to make something that was simple but a little more gourmet than just pancakes. Anyway, these cute little granola cups were perfect for that! They’re cute, little, and so versatile. You can use them as mini pie crusts, fill them with your favorite yogurt and/or fruit (like I did) for breakfast and maybe even dessert.
Breakfast Granola Cups with Cashew Cream Yogurt
By the way, did I mention that they are also vegan, gluten-free, and refine sugar-free? Yep, these little granola cups definitely hit all the right notes. Perfect for when your trying to impress the in laws ;)
These breakfast bites have so many great things going on. 1) They are built for portion control (unless you eat all of them). 2) The granola is made with whole grain oats, apple sauce, flax seed, chia seeds, shredded coconut, coconut oil, and coconut sugar. It’s not overly sweet or high in fat like a lot of store bought granolas. 3) And the cashew cream yogurt is packed with protein. 4) topped with your favorite fruit and you have a granola cup packed with nutrients.
So to sum it all up, these are healthy, delicious, so freaking cute, and you should make them immediately.
- GRANOLA CUPS
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Unsweeted Apple Sauce
- ⅓ Cup Shredded Coconut
- 4 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- ¼ Cup Coconut sugar
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- CASHEW CREAM YOGURT
- 2 Cup Presoaked Raw Cashews
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ¼ Cup Lemon juice
- 6 Presoaked Medjool Dates
- ½ Cup Date Water
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- Zest of a Lemon
- Add in oats, apple sauce, coconut oil, shredded coconut, and flax seeds, chia seeds, coconut sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Separate the wet granola into 12 standard muffin cups or 24 mini muffin cups, pressing the mixture up to the sides to make each cup.
- Bake at 300F for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Once finished, take them out and press them firmly once more. Allow time to cool before taking them out.
- While the granola cups cool, prepare your cashew cream yogurt.
- To prepare your cashew cream yogurt, pour all ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smoothie and creamy.
- Remove the cups carefully from the tin once they've cooled with a fork. They are rather delicate, so be careful.
- Load up each one with your cashew cream yogurt and fruit toppings. Serve immediately as the yogurt will cause the granola cup to soften.
I hope you give this breakfast granola cups recipe a try and if you do, take a picture and tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural or, pin it for later on Pinterest. I love seeing what you guys are cooking up in the kitchen. Stay tuned for more healthy plant-based recipes!