This recipe is so simple, hearty and makes for a perfect dinner recipe!
- 4 serving of Garlic Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tsp oil or butter
- 1/2 medium onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 8 oz mushrooms cremini, white or a mix with portobello
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp fresh or 1/2 dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1.5 cups cooked brown lentils (drained)
- 3 cups of Vegan Gravy
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp tomato paste (optional)
- 2 tbsp of tapioca starch
- black pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil and thyme for topping
- Prepare your mashed potatoes and vegan gravy and set aside. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pulse the onion, garlic, mushrooms in a processor, or chop all by hand.
- Add onion mushroom mixture to a skillet with a good pinch of salt and 1 tsp oil over medium heat and cook for 8 minutes or until the moisture from the mushrooms is starting to dry. Add the carrots, celery, other vegetables, herbs, salt and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fold in the lentils, tomato past, worchester sauce, black pepper and 1/2 cup of gravy (in the baking dish or mix in the skillet and transfer to the baking dish). Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Add less or more gravy to preference.
- Layer the mashed potatoes on top. Use a spatula to even them out.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of thyme and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Broil for a minute to brown. Cool for a few minutes before serving. The pie keeps thickening on cooling. Serve with gravy and fresh herbs. Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free, Nut-free
Keywords: dinner recipe, lentils, quick & easy,