A vegan Tex-Mex pasta salad that is so good and super easy to make! It’s warm, hearty, keeps you feeling full (hello fiber, protein, and healthy fats), it’s easy to make, uses affordable ingredients, and it’s a crowd pleaser. There’s nothing more you could ask for with a staple recipe like this.
Vegan Tex-Mex Pasta Salad
This particular salad has a mixture of my favorite tex-mex ingredients with brown rice noodles, keeping it gluten-free. And topped with a fresh herb dressing making it absolutely irresistible to try. Regardless of what lifestyle you practice, we all can benefit from a diet rich in plants, fiber, minerals, phytonutrients, and all the health benefits that result from some of our favorite plant-based proteins.
For this recipe I used black beans as the protein source but you can use chopped tempeh as well and it taste amazing! If you want to add other plant-based proteins to this salad, check out my Top 10 Plant-based Protein Sources for more of my favorites!
If you enjoy using pasta salads throughout the week for lunches or simple dinners, here is another favorite I like to use this Mediterranean Chickpea Pasta Salad!
- 12 oz package GF pasta
- 1½ cup black beans (1 15oz can)
- 1½ cups corn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 avocado, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 3 green onions, cut into rings
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Check one minute before to get al dente pasta.
- In a large bowl, mix the black beans, cherry tomatoes, corn, cilantro, green onions and vegan sour cream.
- Toss in the diced avocado just before serving. If you aren't eating the entire batch at one time only toss the avocado with the part you are eating.
- If you are making this ahead of time, considering tossing it with the dressing at the last minute so it will remain creamy.
If you try this recipe, I want to see it, so let’s chat! Leave a comment it, rate it (this helps me improve future recipes), and don’t forget to tag a picture on Instagram with #livesimplynatural to show how you enjoyed this amazing salad recipe!