A hearty plant-based dinner using only 10 ingredients!
Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potato!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 15oz can or 1.5 cups black beans
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and cumin, plus more to taste
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- optional: Top with your favorite veggies, examples listing above!
Cilantro Lime Sauce!
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2–4 small limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water to thin
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt plus more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes with a sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
- Once oven is hot, place sweet potatoes on a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until tender to the touch. Time will vary depending on size of potato.
- In the meantime, heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add quinoa and toast for 3-5 minutes, or until all water is evaporated and quinoa is fragrant and slightly toasted.
- Add water and bring to a simmer. Then reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- Remove quinoa from heat and add cooked veggies, beans, and season with a pinch sea salt. Stir, adjust seasonings as desired, and set aside, slightly covered.
- To prepare dressing, add all ingredients to a blender and blend. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lime, salt, water for thinning. Set aside.
- Prepare any remaining toppings, such as chopped onion, sliced avocado, cilantro (optional).
- To serve split open baked potatoes and gently press in on both ends to allow room for toppings. Fill each potato with quinoa mixture.
- Top with a healthy drizzle of the cilantro lime sauce, and any other desired toppings
Store leftover separately in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 527
- Sugar: 9.5g
- Fat: 22.5g
- Carbohydrates: 72.6g
- Fiber: 13.1g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Cholesterol: 0g