- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, pressed and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp chili paste
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Cilantro to top
- Jasmine rice to serve with
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Put the cubed tofu in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle the 1 1/2 tbsp arrowroot and 1/2 tsp salt and toss to coat the tofu.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. When hot add the 2 tbsp of oil then add the tofu. Fry for 7-8 minutes, flipping every couple of minutes, until golden and crispy on all sides.
- In the wok add in the sauce. Fry for about 15-30 seconds, stirring constantly, until a shade darker and toasted. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Steam your broccoli or stir fry until bright green and charred, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the kung pao tofu with jasmine rice and enjoy hot.
- Cuisine: Asian