- 1 cups dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 4 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (can sub 1–2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)*
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper (optional)*
- 2–3 cardamom pods, crushed (optional)
- Set a small saucepan over low heat. Add the almond milk, 1 teaspoon honey, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon stick, and black pepper and stir with a whisk until combined.
- Bring to steaming, just below a simmer. Do not let it come to a boil. Keep just below a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Remove the cinnamon stick. If you added other spices that need to be strained out, strain using a fine mesh strainer then return to the pan. Stir in the vanilla and coconut oil (if using). Taste and add additional honey if desired (I like about 2 teaspoons).
- To make in the Vitamix Blender, add all your ingredient to your highspeed blender and press the soup setting or blend for 3 minutes on high. You tea will come out hot and creamy.
- Pour half of this mixture into a small coffee cup, adding in 1/2 cup of hot water. Mix with a small spoon and sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
Keywords: Turmeric, Tea, Latte, Quick and Easy, Beverage