Simple Blueberry Banana Muffins with a hint of lemon. Tender, moist, hearty and entirely vegan. The perfect healthy snack or breakfast on the go!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- 1 cup sprouted spelt flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice + lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl combine smashed banana, almond milk and lemon juice. Set aside to allow milk to curdle.
- In a larger bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar, coconut oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add almond milk mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients until well incorporated. Be careful not to overmix – a few lumps are okay. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool before removing from pan. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast