A simple flour less brownie recipe. This is great for gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free baking. Made with wholesome ingredient high in protein, fiber, and other good-for-you ingredients.
- 3 cups black beans (2 cans black beans)
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8–10 soaked dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make sure you’ve rinsed and drained your black beans. Add them to your food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients (banana, coconut oil, cocoa powder, maple syrup, soaked dates and vanilla) and puree until smooth for about 3 minutes. Last add 2 tsp baking powder and pulse until blended thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into a 9×9 square baking dish and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger.
- Optional: Sprinkle with crushed walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and removing from pan. They will be tender, so remove gently. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate to keep longer.
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 23.2g
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Fiber: 10.9g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Cholesterol: 0g