A simple and healthy gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free dessert. Topped with your favorite ingredients for an on the go breakfast/ dessert!
- CHOCOLATE DONUTS
- 3/4 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup zucchini (shredded)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- TOPPINGS (optional)
- Shredded coconut
- Shredded zucchini
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Chopped nuts (if not nut-free)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shred the zucchini and transfer to a nut milk bag or paper towel. Squeeze all the excess liquid than measure to one half cup packed full. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut sugar, olive oil, apple sauce, vanilla and coconut milk to the zucchini bowl and mix to combine.
- Then add the dry mix into the zucchini mix and fold to combine. Spoon or pipe batter into donut pan and bake for 12-15 minutes until donuts spring back when pressed. Remove from oven and cool slightly before transferring onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate glaze, place coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao powder and vanilla extract in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Dip the top of each donut into the chocolate glaze. Let then set slightly (about 5 minutes) before dipping donuts into your toppings. Let glaze set completely in the fridge before serving. Enjoy!
This recipe makes 12 mini size donuts or 6 regular size donuts.
Nutrition Facts are calculated for 12 mini size donuts
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free
- Serving Size: 1 mini size donut
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 18.3g
- Fat: 8.6g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 1.9g