This Roasted Red Cabbage is perfect for all my veggie lovers. It’s super simple to make and topped with a sweet and spicy mustard sauce made from whole food ingredients. I was never really a fan of cole slaw but I knew there were other ways to enjoy this beautiful red colored cabbage and roasted is my favorite.
Roasted Red Cabbage With Sweet & Spicy Mustard Sauce
Roasted Red Cabbage with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Sauce is seriously beautiful to look at with it’s vibrant colors from the red cabbage. It’s not just pretty but it also tastes amazing.
The sweet and spicy mustard sauce has the perfect combination of sweet, salty and spicy all wrapped into one dish.
To make the mustard sauce I like to use cashews. They’re perfect when blended with other ingredients to create a thick, creamy and slightly nutty dressing to pour on the red cabbage. Most dressing will have added sugar; instead of adding any refined sugars I opt for adding maple syrup or Medjool dates- it adds a perfect balance of sweetness.
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2 tablespoons of oil (avocado or coconut oil)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ cup water
- 2-3 Mejool Dates
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the cabbage into 3-5 inch wedges.
- Oil a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place the cabbage on the baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Sprinkle with sail & pepper and place in the oven.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until tender in the middle and sides are just starting to turn brown.
- Combined all ingredients in a high speed blender (I used my NutriBullet)
- Pour sweet and spicy mustard sauce over cabbage and add freshly chopped cilantro. Enjoy with a side of veggies.
How do you like to eat your cabbage? Share in the comments below :)