This is a great desert for any occasion. My entire family loved it and were surprised when I told them it was raw vegan. Bring it to your potlucks or parties, because everyone will enjoy this guilt-free raw & nut-free banana pie dessert!
I used dehydrated pineapple in this recipe. It gives it a nice sweetness and adds to the flavor of the banana’s. Although it is best to dry your own fruit, you can find a good variety of dehydrated fruit at your local health store. When buying dehydrated fruits, be sure to get organic and unsweetened.
If you can’t find unsweetened, then substitute it with your next favorite dried fruit.
Raw Vegan Nut-Free dessert that the whole family will love.
- 2 cups organic banana chips(unsweetened)
- 1 cup organic dates
- ½ cup dehydrated pineapple(unsweetened)
- ½ cup organic shredded coconut
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 c banana chips
- 1 c organic dates
- 1 c dehydrated pineapple
- ½ c shredded coconut
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- In a food processor, place the banana chips and process until the reach a flour-like consistency.
- Then add pineapple, dates and coconut.
- Pulse until ingredients begin to form a ball. Place dough into a 9 in. pie plate and begin to press out until the dish is fully lined.
- Place in refrigerator until ready for cream filling.
- Place banana chips into food processor and blend until flour-like consistency.
- Then add coconut and pineapple and process into a fine meal.
- Drain water from dates into a small cup. Add bananas, dates, vanilla bean, nutmeg, and cinnamon into the food processor and add small amounts of date water until you get pudding-like consistency.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. Let sit in the refrigerate for 4 hours and enjoy!
- If your food processor isn’t getting the desired pudding consistency, pour ingredients into your blender.
- Serving Size: 8
I hope you give this recipe a try and if you do let us know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural! Stay tuned for more healthy recipes :)
Bananas are high in fiber, magnesium, and of course potassium. They are recognized by the FDA to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and stroke. Bananas also reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes and aid in weight loss. Rich in pectin, bananas help with digestion and also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients. Eating bananas regularly have been known to help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against degeneration and builds strong bones. Bananas are naturally free of fat, cholesterol, and sodium.0