Chocolate truffles filled with sweet and creamy peanut butter filling, and coated in a shell of chocolate. A decadent treat made with only five ingredients!
- PEANUT BUTTER TRUFFLE FILLING
- 1/2 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup medjool dates (6–8 soaked and pitted)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- CHOCOLATE SHELL
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter (optional)
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a food processor, add the the dates and process for several minutes until a sticky, caramel-like consistency is achieved. Scrape down the sides as needed to ensure all pieces are processed. Then add peanut butter, coconut flour, and vanilla into the date mixture and process for 2 minutes or until a smooth consistency.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop truffle filling into balls (about 1-2 tablespoons per ball). Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes to set.
- Once truffle balls are ready, prepare the chocolate. Using a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, stirring with a risk until melted and full combined.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until melted.
- Then use a fork to dunk each truffle into the chocolate and coat completely. Tap off extra chocolate and return to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with each truffle.
- Place truffles in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set. Drizzle creamy peanut butter on top or sprinkle with sea salt. Enjoy!
- Stored in an airtight container in the fridge (or freezer).
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 3.8g