Today let’s welcome my Lemon Chickpea Coconut Curry with Jasmine Rice. I’m sure by now you know I have an thing for 01.) curries, 02.) coconut, and 03.) fresh and seasonal produce. Yep, this Lemon Chickpea Coconut Curry with Jasmine rice is one of my favorite meals to cook after a long week. It’s sure the best kind of comfort food; it’s full of fiber rich vegetables, delicate fluffy rice, thick and creamy curry topped with fresh lemon juice. Yum, I know you gonna love this one!
Lemon Chickpea Coconut Curry Recipe
This recipe is great for those evenings when you want something warm and comforting to eat after a long day. I typically will make several servings of jasmine rice on my meal prep day to last me several days throughout the week. That’s the same with this curry, it makes quite a few servings so this will be a perfect quick dinner to reheat on the stovetop.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you can modify depending of what your craving and/or what you find at the farmers markets that week. You could easily use Cauliflower Rice vs. Rice for a lower carbohydrate dish. You could also add in some grilled tempeh or switch out the chickpeas for lentils. I also like to use spinach instead of asparagus at times, which is so tasty!
This recipe, as with all my recipes are guidelines to use. Let your taste buds run the show and consistently check the curry for depth of flavor, flavor combinations, saltiness, sweetness, lemon flavor, etc. The beautiful thing about this dish is you can’t go wrong with what you add in it! Enjoy the process, enjoy the aromas, enjoy the cooking, and of course, enjoy the end product!
A vegan, gluten free, lemon infused coconut chickpea curry dish with sweet jasmine rice. Made in 30-minutes. Simple, healthy, fast and so delicious.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1.5 cans full-fat or lite coconut milk
- 1 can or 1.5 cup chickpeas (rinsed + cooked)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + lemon slices
- 1 bunch asparagus
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large sauté pan heat the coconut oil over low heat.
- Add in the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Add in the curry powder and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for an additional 1 – 2 minutes. This will help release the aromas in the spices.
- Add in the chopped parsley, coconut milk and chickpeas. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the lemon juice and asparagus and cook for 1 minute more or until the veggies are lightly wilted.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper and serve warm with a side of jasmine rice.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 593
- Fat: 44.1g
- Carbohydrates: 42.7g
- Fiber: 8.9g
- Protein: 15.5g
I hope you give this recipe a try and if so share it and tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural. I’d love to hear how do you like your curries? Do you like spicy or mild curries? Share below!