The perfect combo of sweet, salty and spicy!
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Corn Bread Mix
- 1 cup (148g) Organic Polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or organic brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 jalapeños, finely diced plus slices for the tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. If not using liners, grease lightly with coconut oil or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond milk and apple cider vinegar together. Let sit for at least 3 minutes to create vegan buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- In the smaller bowl, combine all the wet ingredients together with the buttermilk then pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
- Add in the diced jalapeños and mix gently.
- Spoon equally throughout the 12 muffin cups, I used a 2 in ice cream scooper.
- Add a thin slice of jalapeño to the top of each and press down gently.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. The muffins are done when they bounce back slightly to touch.
- Serve immediately with vegan butter and enjoy!
store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: cornbread, jalapeno, vegan, gluten-free