This classic cashew sour cream sauce is a personal staple in my kitchen. In case you’re new to the whole “cashew cheese” thing, it’s simple. It’s blended raw cashews with a mix of seasonings and spices and a touch of lemon juice made to resemble a creamy sour cream sauce, minus the dairy. This Easy Vegan Cashew Sour Cream sauce take less than 5 minutes to make and taste amazing on pretty much anything!
Easy Vegan Cashew Sour Cream Sauce
I like to make a large batch and freeze them in small amount. That way it last longer and I always have some stocked away in my freezer for when I need it on a whim, which happens more often then you think.
My favorites to add this cashew sour cream sauce is on my Black Bean Vegetable Chili, Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Taco Lettuce Wraps, and even Vegetable Broccoli and Cheese Soup. It adds the perfect amount of creamy to any meal.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup water
- Add your ingredients to your high speed blender (I used my Vitamix)
- Blend on high for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed, until very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a mason jar or an airtight container, store in your fridge for 1-2 weeks or freezer for up to one month.
- Category: Dips & Dressings
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 49
- Fat: 3.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.7g
I hope you enjoy this easy vegan cashew sour cream sauce. Make it and be sure to use it often ;)