- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- TOPPING INGREDIENTS :
- Handful of walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped fine
- Fresh herbs, chopped fine + extra for garnish
- Rinse and drain your cashews. Then blend them in a food processor or high speed blender with nutritional yeast, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Process until the mixture is completely smooth. If your food processor or blender is struggling to blend the mixture, add purified water, 1 tablespoon at a time to help it to keep turning over, using no more than 4 tablespoons of water.
- Place the mixture into a small bowl lined with parchment paper and set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Chop the nuts, cranberries and herbs and spread onto a work surface. Pull your cheese away from the parchment paper and start rolling it in the toppings evenly pressing it into the cheese. Do this just before serving or return back to the refrigerator until serving.
- I served this vegan cheese recipe with Mary’s Crackers, berries, olives, extra nuts, even cucumber – makes for an easy but very delicious appetizer!
- Category: Dips, Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan Gluten Free