An easy plant-based meatball alternative, full of fiber rich veggies and packed with protein fro the chickpeas, nuts and nutritional yeast.
- 1, 15 ounce can or 1.5 cups chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or almonds)
- 1, 4 ounce tomato
- 1/2 cup GF rolled oats
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds (grounded)
- 4 cloves garlic
- a handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, adjust to taste
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large zuchinni (diced)
- 1 medium eggplant (diced)
- 2 large carrots (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 28 oz can or 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Optional garnishes: fresh basil (vegan parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor combine the chickpeas, tomato, nuts, grounded flaxseeds, garlic, nutritional yeast, hemp seeds, oats, basil, sun dried tomatoes, oregano and sea salt. Pulse together until a dough like mixture.
- Pour this mixture out into a large mixing bowl. Adjust seasonings to taste before you start rolling these into about 2 inch balls. Use a little olive oil or water to coat your hands to prevent the chickpea meatballs from sticking, repeat until all of the batter are in balls.
- Use a baking sheet and place balls in the oven for 25 minutes or brown. Allow 5 minutes time to cool before serving.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for a month.
- To serve: Place chickpea meatballs into the center of your pasta and marinara sauce. Enjoy!
- Prep you vegetables using your food processor (this makes is so easy)!
- Place your pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and once shimmering, add the garlic and onions. Stir around a few times and before add the vegetables.
- Stir occasionally for 5-8 minutes or until everything is tender. Add your seasonings and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Allow time to cool before serving.
- Store in a air tight container and place in the fridge for 5 days or 1 month in the freezer.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 585
- Sugar: 11.7g
- Fat: 19.4g
- Carbohydrates: 75.6g
- Fiber: 22g
- Protein: 33.9g
- Cholesterol: 0g