When it comes to packing the most nutrients into a single meal, a big old bowl of salad is one of my favorite ways to do that. But let’s be real: who here has time to make salads everyday? That is why I love adding these salads in a jar to my weekly meal prep. They are perfect for adding a variety of seasonal ingredients into my salads to provide more nutrients thought the week. So let me see those hands raised for this Black Bean & Veggie Quinoa Salad In A Jar recipe!
Black Bean & Veggie Quinoa Salad In A Jar
If you’ve being following my blog you know that my recipes focus on real wholesome ingredients pack to inspire your plant powered lifestyle. The sweet potatoes in this recipe are a great source of vitamin A, full of powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds. They are packed with fibre and a great source of carbohydrates.
I love adding fiber rich veggies to support better digestion and black beans for a plant based source of proteins. The dressing is made with cashews which is another added protein, plus it also contains iron, copper, zinc, magnesium and selenium. Cashews are the perfect base for creamy, dairy-free salad dressings. And all together its the perfect combination of flavors!
Meal Prep Made Easy
Add this recipe to your meal prep rotation!
If you haven’t started meal prepping, what are you waiting for? It’s really one of the greatest things you could do when trying to maintain a plant centric lifestyle. It might take time at first to get into the routine and have all your recipes collected and divided but once you start you will see how easy your week flows and how great it is to keep your body nourished.
This salad in a jar is easily customizable. If your not a big fan of broccoli use green beans instead. You could also substitute the black beans with any other bean like, lentils, chickpeas, or even kidney beans.
The cilantro lime sauce is from my Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe. It’s so tangy and sweet, perfect for this salad :)Print
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 lbs. broccoli
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt + pepper
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 cup cooked chickpeas
- 5 cups raw spinach
- Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2–4 small limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water to thin
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt plus more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Add sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts into a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine, then transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Flip halfway through so as not to burn. Allow the veggies to cool completely before making the salads.
- While the veggies are roasting, prepare the dressing.
- In a high speed blender, add ingredients and spending adding water until you reach a consistency that is creamy, smooth and can be easily poured out of the bowl.
- When ready to assemble the salads divide the dressing evenly among the six jars, then top each with 1/2 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, roasted veggies, 2 cups spinach. Seal the jars and leave in the fridge for at up to 5 days. Perfect for your weekly meal prep. Enjoy!
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Calories: 483
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 78.3g
- Fiber: 14.3g
- Protein: 20g
If your grain free, just take them out and substitute with your favorite nuts or seed. I’ve used chopped almonds in this recipe instead of quinoa and it came out great. I hope you give it a try next week on meal prep day!
What’s Your Fav?
Let me know what you think when you give this recipe a “go”. When you try it, please take a picture and post it on Instagram — be sure to tag @livesimplynatural and #livesimplynatural so the LSN community can get inspired by your dish too :)