Winter is finally here and we just experience one of the coldest days of the season. Thankfully, I am warm and cozy in my home here in Texas. So happy that I have two beautiful children that are willing to cuddle with me and keep me warm.
Black Bean Vegetable Chili
This black bean vegetable chili has a variety of feel good ingredients. Definitely one of my favorite soups of the season. I added traditional chili spices and a pinch of smoked paprika for an extra-savory, smoky flavor.
This pot of goodness is full of all the best things in plant-based eating: veggies, beans, and a lot of spice. If your new to this lifestyle, I promise you won’t even notice that its meatless.
This pot of warm chili is the perfect meal to prepare for a large group. We go to pot lucks pretty often and I’ve found that a pot of chili is one of the easiest and quickest meals to prepare. Serve it along with a big salad, baked potatoes and cornbread and you’ve got yourself a meal that everyone can enjoy, including meat eaters.
1 pot, 30 minutes, A simple plant-based meal to enjoy.
- 3–4 tomatoes or 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 cups black beans or 2 cans black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 2 large celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup organic corn
- 1/2 bunch kale or 2 cups kale (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- Sea Salt
- In a large pot, sauté chopped red onions, garlic, oregano and cumin in coconut oil over medium heat.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, red bell pepper, into food processor. Pulse until smooth and add to pot.
- Add black beans, celery, green bell pepper, corn, kale, cilantro, paprika, chili, and salt to taste. Then add 3 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer until the greens are soft and the chili thickens. (10 minutes)
Storage: Cool soup completely and transfer to an airtight container. Store in refrigerate for 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Cuisine: Soup
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 8.4g
- Sodium: 229.9mg
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 37.8g
- Fiber: 14.2g
- Protein: 11.1g
I hope you like this black bean vegetable chili, make it and be sure to tag me on Instagram @LiveSimplyNatural or you can always pin it on Pinterest for later. I love seeing what you guys are cooking up in your kitchen. Stay warm and I’ll be back with more healthy plant-based recipes to share :)