Now I know what you’re thinking, Black Beans Brownies sound weird enough already but in a smoothie?Don’t let the black beans scare you away from this delicious combination. This black bean brownie smoothie bowl is thick, creamy and full of rich, chocolatey goodness. It is easily dress-able with nuts, fruits and a little drizzle of chocolate or peanut butter. And it couldn’t be any easier to make. Definitely have to give this one a try!
Black Bean Brownie Smoothie Bowl
So why put black beans in your smoothie? Why NOT put black beans in your smoothie! They’re super nutritious, low in calories, nearly tasteless, and add the most splendid texture to your blend. And is full of plant-based proteins which will help you to feel full and nourish all the way through lunch.
Black beans are a good source of..
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin K
Having this for breakfast can definitely be a great way to start your morning. And don’t let the name fool you, I promise you won’t taste the black beans one bit.
If you like my 5 Ingredient Black Bean Brownie Balls then you will surely LOVE this! I added a peanut butter drizzle because who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter? Give it a try, I know your gonna love it :)
- CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped
- ½ cup drained and rinsed black beans
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa/cacao powder
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk
- TOPPINGS optional
- ½ banana, sliced
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds/hemp seeds
- Add frozen banana, black beans, peanut butter, cacao powder and 1 cup dairy-free milk to a high-speed blender. If adding spinach, add at this time.
- Blend on low, using a wand to push the ingredients down. Smoothie bowls will be thick, so it takes them longer to blend. Continue blending, scraping down sides as needed, adding only as much dairy-free milk as it takes to help it form a thick smoothie texture.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more peanut butter for a nutty flavor and banana for sweetness. The flavor should resemble a peanut butter banana chocolate smoothie.
- Divide between two serving bowls and garnish with desired toppings. I went with coconut, cacao, banana, sliced almond, hemp seeds, and peanut butter.
- Enjoy immediately - best when fresh!
If you try this recipe, I wanna hear about it, so let’s chat! Leave a comment it, rate it (this really helps me improve future recipes), and don’t forget to tag a picture on Instagram with #livesimplynatural to show how you enjoyed this amazing recipe!